About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Victor! I'm currently studying at SIT Year 1 in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services). I'm a Christian, attending Heart of God Church.

Sunday 9 September 2018

Unit 3, Task 2, Reflection in real life


During my army days, there were 2 things that I did regularly, running & static physical training. My ideal target was to incubate a habit of exercising regularly. However, after I left the force, I didn’t had the chance to do it regularly as I went for a long overseas trip. When I came back, I went for Lasik surgery and hence unable to exercise for a month or so. During that period, I became very lazy as I didn’t have much things to do. I always went out with friends for meals and celebrations. Thus, I became weaker in terms of fitness level, I also gained a lot of unwanted weights. Looking back, I think that the direct cause for this problem was not having enough self-discipline to carry on with the exercise routine. I believe the reason why so many people are able to keep fit is not because that they like to exercise, but they will always exercise regularly even if they don’t feel like it, because they have strong self-discipline.

Currently, I’m working towards the goal of exercising regularly, even as I started my University life now, where I’m going to get quite busy with school work. I believe I need to have the self-discipline to follow through it, even if I don’t feel like it. That’s the only way I will be able to achieve my target. However, the challenges I’m facing with right now are time and weather. So I’ll say that it’s work-in-progress right now.


(Edited)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this analytical self reflection, Victor.

    What do you think is the key to developing self discipline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the key point in developing self-discipline is to really have focus on the problem. I believe that as we stay focus, the end will feel more rewarding. There's this quote "As we say no to the lesser things, greater things will come by".

    ReplyDelete